Egg less Chocolate Cake without Oven
How To Make a Cake using Pressure Cooker
- Take a baking pan or bowl that will fit into a 5-6 litre pressure cooker. Grease it with Butter/Oil
- In the bowl, take 1 cup (125 grams) all purpose flour and add ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Then add ½ cup sugar (100 grams).
- Mix everything with a spoon or whisk. Keep aside.
- Mix a quarter cup unsalted butter (30 grams), quarter cup oil and quarter cup cocoa powder (20 grams)in a pan.
- Add ½ cup water.
- Continuously stir this mixture on a low flame, with a wired whisk so that all the cocoa powder dissolves and the mixture turns uniform. Ensure that there are no lumps.
- The butter will start melting at low heat.
- Let the mixture to a boil over medium heat, while stirring continuously with the whisk.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, pour it into the flour mixture.
- Give this Just a light mix. Keep aside.
- In a 5 litre cooker, spread a cup of rock salt evenly. Heat this cooker on a low flame.
- In another small bowl, take a quarter cup fresh curd or yogurt.
- Add ¼ cup water to the curd.
- Mix very well.
- Add 1 teaspoon vinegar to it and mix.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or half teaspoon vanilla essence.
- Lastly add half teaspoon fresh and active baking soda.. To ensure the freshness, add a pinch of baking soda in the solution of vinegar and water. If there is a fizz and bubbles it is fresh.
- Mix vigorously. The mixture will begin to froth.
- Immediately add this mixture to the flour+chocolate mixture.
Mixing And Baking the Cake Without Oven
- With a wired whisk mix very well.
- Do not over do the mixing.
23.Fill the already greased baking tin with the mixture.
- Gently shake the pan.
- Place a rack or stand on the salt layer.
- Place the cake pan on the stand.
- Close with the cooker’s lid. The rubber gasket (rubber ring) and the whistle should be removed.
- Bake the cake for 30 to 40 minutes on a low flame in the cooker.
- Use a toothpick to see if the cake is done. The toothpick should come out clean if it's done. In fact,can open the lid and check to see if the cake is done or not even after 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the cake pan carefully from the pressure cooker. While the cake is still hot, poke a lot of holes in it using a fork or a toothpick or a wooden skewer as this is where the icing seeps into the cake.
Your Cake is ready to serve